SilverSneakers is the nation’s leading fitness program exclusively designed for older adults. Available to individuals enrolled in a private Medicare plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit, the program serves more than 12 million members with access to 13,000 fitness and wellness facilities nationwide.
For members who have participated, they are aware of the health benefits that this program can bring.
But did you know of the new financial benefits that are available?
Tuition Benefit Program Offers FREE Scholarship Money for Family Members
Thanks to a partnership with SAGE Scholars, earning college tuition money at participating SilverSneakers locations is easy. You can turn your fitness endeavors into a scholarship for family members simply by signing up for the Tuition Rewards program and working out at participating SilverSneakers fitness facilities.
There are three simple steps to get started:
- Sign Up for Tuition Rewards
If you currently use your SilverSneakers benefit, you simply need to sign up for Tuition Rewards here – it’s easy and free. Plus, you’ll receive 1,000 Tuition Rewards points just for registration!
- Add Students to Your Account
You can add children, grandchildren, or any other extended family members from birth until August 31st prior to their senior of high school as the beneficiaries to your Tuition Rewards Points.
- Visit Participating SilverSneakers Locations
You earn 250 Tuition Rewards Points to your account each month that you visit a participating SilverSneakers Location seven times or more.
SilverSneakers Tuition Benefit Program FAQs
- How much money is each Tuition Reward Point?
- Each Tuition Reward Point is equal to $1.
- How much money can I save?
- You can save up to one full year’s worth of tuition at participating colleges for each student you enroll.
- How are the Tuition Rewards Points redeemed?
- These points are redeemed automatically in equal installments during the four years of college at participating schools.
- What colleges and universities participate in the Tuition Rewards program?
- Tuition Rewards is open to accredited, 4-year, not-for-profit colleges and universities, and over 400 colleges and universities in 45 states currently participate. Click here for the full list of participating schools.
- What if I already have a Tuition Rewards account?
- If you already have a Tuition Rewards account, you can earn additional points through the SilverSneakers partnership.
- Who is eligible to become a beneficiary?
- You can add any extended family members from birth until August 31st prior to their senior of high school as the beneficiaries to your Tuition Rewards Points. This can include your child, stepchild, niece, nephew, cousin, godchild, or grandchild.
- Can I add multiple family members as beneficiaries to receive the Tuition Discounts?
- Absolutely! You can register multiple beneficiaries – simply add the ratio to each beneficiary which designates how much you’d like each loved one to receive.
- Who pays for Tuition Rewards?
- Participating colleges and universities cover 100% of the cost of Tuition Discounts – meaning you can help your loved ones with the cost of tuition for free.
Looking for a Medicare Advantage Plan with the SilverSneakers Benefit? LIG Solutions Can Help
If you’re looking for a Medicare Advantage plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit, we can help you get enrolled!
While comparing Medicare plan options can seem overwhelming, take comfort in the fact that you don’t have to do this alone. LIG Solutions offers transparent, free consultations regarding your Medicare coverage options. We’ll discuss what you’re looking for in a plan as well as available options that would suit your specific situation.
We’re here and ready to help you find the best plan for your needs and budget.
Call 866-230-0222 to be connected to a LIG licensed agent today!.
*Disclaimer: Medicare is available to some individuals under the age of 65 in limited circumstances. LIG Solutions is not affiliated with the U.S. government or federal Medicare program. LIG Solutions complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or (800) MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.
Get the Insurance You Need and Save Today!